Label strings centering

Is there a way to center label strings?
I noticed several times, there is no way to center a string (the string tool in the schematic, button “T”)
Is this on some wishlist? Depending on the strings, some can be configured 3 way in each direction
(left, center right), (top, center, bottom) while others are very limited. Like this one (lef / right only

Beside this, it would be nice to have the possibility to set the centering as a default. Personally,
I would like it to be centered in both direction without havinhg to reconfigure it everytime.

Thanks,

Simple textitem in schematic editor: no centering

Instead of the simple text tool you could use a textbox. These allows centered text. The border can be disabled if you don’t need them.

Beside this, it would be nice to have the possibility to set the centering as a default. … without having to reconfigure it everytime.

maybe interesting: I use a different approach/workflow which works without heavy customization: create the first item of a type (with the desired parameters/settings). For most other items I use copy/paste. Beside of avoiding the customization (only side effect) the most important advantage: I don’t have to remember every hotkey for every item-type. CTRL+C/CTRL+V are enough for most of the work.

2 Likes

Hello!

Thanks for your reply.
I do also use ctrl-c and v most of the time, especially for adding components.
But also for adding strings, the formatting disappears if used from the menu.
I tried the text field, but this doesn’t solve the problem. If I want to move the text
field, (M command when hovering), then the anchor point is not at the center, but
at the top left.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.