KLC rule violations on new symbol, not sure why

I’d like some help figuring out some KLC violations pointed out by violation-checking script so I can submit a symbol to the KiCAD library. I figure it makes more sense to post here than to annoy the librarians.

I tried making a symbol for a microcontroller in a new library. It’s attached below. I basically copied another 64 pin microcontroller’s symbol, edited the pin table and some of the symbol properties, and rearranged pins.
custom_library.lib (2.6 KB)
custom_library.dcm (330 Bytes)

I ran ./checklib.py ~/Documents/Electronics/Custom_KiCAD_Libraries/custom_library.lib
and got violations of S3.6, S4.1, S4.4, S5.1, and S5.2. This page explains what those are. Some of these violations seem clearly to not actually be violations, e.g. 5.1 requires “For atomic symbols (those with an associated default footprint), the Footprint field must be filled with a valid entry of the format <footprint_library>:<footprint_name> .” My part is atomic, and has the footprint Package_QFP:TQFP-64_10x10mm_P0.5mm.

Anyone know what’s causing these violations, and how I can fix them? Or if I should just ignore them and submit the symbol?

Alright, I just realized I could use verbose mode with that script and get much more detail. I’ll be back if I have any other questions.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.