Kipart isn't working gettting error messages

I went through all the steps of using kipart and when I try to convert the CSV file in the .lib file I get this error message:

C:\Users\Satvik\Documents\Video Transmission>kipart TMS320DM365.csv -o TMS320DM365.lib
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Satvik\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\Scripts\kipart-script.py”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘kipart==0.1.27’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘kipart’)()
File “c:\users\satvik\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\kipart-0.1.27-py3.6.egg\kipart_main_.py”, line 144, in main
append_to_lib = call_kipart(part_data_file)
File “c:\users\satvik\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\kipart-0.1.27-py3.6.egg\kipart_main_.py”, line 127, in call_kipart
debug_level=args.debug)
File “c:\users\satvik\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\kipart-0.1.27-py3.6.egg\kipart\kipart.py”, line 663, in kipart
for part_num, part_ref_prefix, pin_data in part_reader(part_data_file):
File “c:\users\satvik\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\kipart-0.1.27-py3.6.egg\kipart\generic_reader.py”, line 94, in generic_reader
setattr(pin, a, fix_pin_data(row_dict[c], part_num))
File “c:\users\satvik\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\kipart-0.1.27-py3.6.egg\kipart\common.py”, line 127, in fix_pin_data
fixed_pin_data = pin_data.strip() # Remove leading/trailing spaces.
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘strip’

I am trying to create a symbol for the TMS320DM365 BGA, what did I do wrong?

How did you create it?

What version of KiCAD are you using?

I am guessing that the CSV file had some format problems which the reader couldn’t handle, specifically pin_data.

Wild guess - BGA with non-numeric pins perhaps?

1 Like

What OS are you using? What version of Python are you using? What version of KiPart are you using? Where is the CSV file you used as input to KiPart?

1 Like

OK, I looked more closely. I see you’re using Python 3.6 and KiPart 0.1.27. So your KiPart is the most recent. I’ve done my testing with Python 2.7.13 and 3.5.2. Not sure if this is caused by using 3.6. Don’t know what your OS is; hopefully it’s not a Mac. Looking at the CSV file is the only way to tell what’s going on.

1 Like