KiKad vs KiCad, finally an explanation!

It never fails to make me smile when I see KiKad, especially when I see it in a topik title… And know I think I finally have a valid explanation: isn’t it the specifik version of KiKad developed for / used by people working on a Linux KDE environment ?

(Apologies if this is considered trolling; it is not, and has been made in good faith on the premise that we all need to smile sometimes. I’ll be happy to delete if it’s not welcome.)

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing a KiQad which is wxWidgets replaced by Qt. :wink:

3 Likes

Kould be, then again, maybe it is just a topographikal error.

1 Like

KiQad : four time more productive than the original!

1 Like

For some of my students (I teach PCB Design with KiCad at the University), it is definitely KiKad - as in Mortal Kikad(!)
They sit over their designs for hours prompting me to shout at them: “FINISH IT!”

So far, I have yet to find one who achieved a “Flawless Victory” - but they’re getting klose ! :grin::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

At least a few of us avoided KiCad early on thinking it might just be a rebranded KDE thing. After finally giving up on gEDA with the realization that you had to be a coder and have intimate knowledge of the code base to use it effectively, I started looking again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.