KiCost runtime error

How, it have to run to any path that you are.
I think I fix it now, it was a wrong registry access that I did (some entry needs KEY_WOW64_64KEY). It’s quite difficult test all this features in one virtual machine… so tests by users are important.
Now I added a new feature, in the first startup after install (or run kicost --setup) the GUI will display a message with the lasted changes in KiCost. I think that I fix also the stuck process bar.

I’ll try when I’m back at home. thnx.

@Michele_Santucci, are all changes working?
I intend to release v1.1.2 on PyPI.

Still had no chance to try it I hope to do it tonite…

I did it … I see no errors but it looks like that it doesn’t collect components prices…

USBAudio.xml (25.6 KB)
USBAudio.xlsx (22.9 KB)

You have to change the “Board Qty” or configure LibreOffice to evaluate the Excel formulas on file load (Tools >> Options… >> LibreOffice Calc >> Formula >> Recalculation on File Load).
Despise this, everything appear fine. I will release it.

ok now it works.
Thnx.

Hi. Today I installed kicost on a colleague PC (I’m spreading the Word :wink: ) and I noticed a couple of missing package dependencies:

C:\windows\system32>kicost --setup
KiCost identified at 'c:\program files (x86)\python37-32\lib\site-packages\kicost', proceeding with it configuration in file 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\kicad'...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files (x86)\python37-32\lib\site-packages\kicost\kicost_config.py", line 184, in kicost_setup
    import wx # wxWidgets for Python.
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'wx'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files (x86)\python37-32\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "c:\program files (x86)\python37-32\lib\runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\Scripts\kicost.exe\__main__.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "c:\program files (x86)\python37-32\lib\site-packages\kicost\__main__.py", line 197, in main
    kicost_setup()
  File "c:\program files (x86)\python37-32\lib\site-packages\kicost\kicost_config.py", line 188, in kicost_setup
    kicost_gui_notdependences
  NameError: name 'kicost_gui_notdependences' is not defined

The first one required wxPython the second pywin32.

By[t]e{s}
Mike

Thanks for notify and spread the software, I have plans for better integration in future.
I think that I will need some Windows user to help with the setup.py. I fix some minor issues but it still not installing some Windows additional dependencies. I want to mean “additional” because the installation will ask the user about the GUI installation (some older user prefer just the terminal version).

uhm… if you provide me an example setup.py script I can look at it and try to understand if I can be of any help.

https://github.com/xesscorp/KiCost/blob/master/setup.py
Basically, when you execute pip install kicost it download the package, extract and call the setup() function on this file. The post installation configuration (where is the error) should be accessed by the cmdclass field configuration. I think that I had misunderstood something.

I’ll give it a look … at least I will learn something new.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.