In the docs I read that “the allowable field names for part numbers are”:

mpn          pn           p#
part_num     part-num     part#
manf_num     manf-num     manf#
man_num      man-num      man#
mfg_num      mfg-num      mfg#
mfr_num      mfr-num      mfr#
mnf_num      mnf-num      mnf#

I’m not sure if they’re saying that I can pickup one among all these names to define the manufacturer p/n. And what does the # symbol mean? It’s a placeholder for something or it has to be part of the label itself?

Same for the vendor field name:

Digi-Key: 
    digikey# 
    digikey_# 
    digikey-# 
    digikeypn# 
    digikey_pn# 
    digikey-pn#
    digikeypn …
    digikeyvendor# …
    digikeynum …
    digikeyvp# …
    digikeyvpn …

Any of these variants is suitable?

@hildogjr can better answer this, but I suppose # is a standard abbreviation of “number”. You youngsters may assume it means “hashtag” or something… :smiley: It is just an alternative for “number”, “num”, “no”, “nro” or whatever word or abbreviation is used in any particular language.

As for the variants, I assume they are all suitable, I don’t see any other reason to mention them.

1 Like

All

are synonyms and internally translate to (used at the output spreadsheet as) manf#.

The other are the synonyms to distributors stock numbers, which I (for sake of simplicity) prefer to use the distributor# format, e.g.: digikey#, mouser#, …

The stock number are prioritized over MPN at the searcher. User case: you have a to much generic MPN that returns fine for all web-site distributors at least from Digikey. So you can use MPN/part#/… from the manufacture plus digikey# stock number fields for this part.

All fields are case insensitive.

1 Like

Other tip: running kicost --setup it is configured Eeschema if the default MPN field.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.