KiCon 2023 Confirmed

KiCon is Back!

After 4 long years, KiCon will be back this year!

We’ve secured a location at the Palexco conference center in A Coruña, Spain on September 9-10.

We will have 2 days of KiCad talks, workshops and discussions with fellow KiCad professionals from all over Europe and beyond.

We have early-bird tickets for sale right now at https://kicon.kicad.org . We also have lots of opportunities for sponsorships, booths and community projects.

If you would like to speak at KiCon, now is your opportunity to submit a talk proposal. Expect to see talks by Wayne Stambaugh and the KiCad lead development team as well as a host of creative and clever KiCad engineers.

12 Likes

Will the talks be recorded and uploaded somewhere?

2 Likes

We will do our best to ensure that happens.

10 Likes

If it might be an issue of finance, I’d be interested in making a small donation towards making sure things are recorded audibly and uploaded. I won’t be able to make it to the physical conference but found the last conferences videos very useful. I know the purpose of the donation is just semantics but it could be a nice incentive to have a target donation of X dollars to be able to afford whatever equipment/technician hire is needed.

4 Likes

I’ve booked my ticket! :slight_smile:
Anyone from the UK going? Flying looks a little bit inconvenient, but do-able. Train also could be an option. Driving and doing a little road trip there would be awesome if other people wanted to share. I’m going to try stay longer and do a bit of remote working too for variety too.

3 Likes

When is some updated information coming to conference website?
I need something to convince my management to pay for it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s very sparse at the moment, only a month to go! Schedule and talk info would go a long way.

1 Like

I’m not going, but I’d love to see some video’s about the event afterwards. Topics I am especially interested in are the goals and direction of longer term development, and about previous and expected growth and adaptation “by the market” of KiCad.

2 Likes

@KevinB I will go and I even volunteered. This was confirmed and further information was announced. But despite sending 3 eMails during the last 4 weeks I got no response.
Seems it will be on very short notice (days?), if any.
I’m thinking about revoking my volunteer application.

I’d like to . . . but don’t currently have a valid passport ( :wink: ) and too busy with work for the foreseeable.

I am still waiting for the videos of the KiCon 2021 in Germany :roll_eyes:
Invitation to the german KiCon 2021 (october 8th) - Community - KiCad.info Forums

1 Like

I am still waiting for the videos of the KiCon 2021

Well, then my 4 week’s waiting is not worthy of a mention. I’ll adjust my view of the world… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

German Kicon was not run by the kicad developers and was some independent group using the name.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
How can i find presentations on Sept 2023 Kicon?
Thank you.

According to @Seth_h they are in the making right now.