KiCon 2023 attendance

Hi guys,

who will attend KiCon 2023?

Or is this an inappropriate question?

BR

Most of the lead developers will be in attendance.

We’ll have two rooms, one for talks and one for workshops.

Talks include:

Integrating Database Libraries into your KiCad Workflow
KiCon Key Note Talk
Bridging the Gap Between ECAD and MCAD
InvenTree is not a database
Innovation Unleashed: Empowering Hardware Developers and Designers for the Future
SMD assembly for terrified beginners
PCB art with KiCad
Getting Started with Nicla Shield Design in KiCAD
Kitspace.org
Smarton AI: New Interaction Paradigm for Complex EDA Software Leveraging GPT
diffgerber
KiCad Design for Production
Building Custom Design Rules

Each of the two days will have a full day of talks with provided coffee breaks and lunch breaks.

Saturday evening, we’ll have a provided dinner at the Domus in A Coruña.

Sunday evening, we’ll have a post-conference light meal for discussions and similar

5 Likes

I’ll be coming! Can’t wait :slight_smile:

@Seth_h Thanks for the info. What is the dresscode for Saturday evening? Just trying to minimize luggage cost :wink:.

@Qbort See you there.

1 Like

We would like you clothed. How that is implemented will be left as an exercise for the reader.

3 Likes

Hehe. Ok, I’ll be dressed …

What are the legal minimums?

Asking for a friend.

I think that the museum requires shoes.

That list is mostly current and practical things. How about long term goals and strategy?

I’m also curious how it comes that KiCad is now such a rich and flourishing project, while a lot of the open source projects I’ve seen barely manage to get enough input to make some progress, or mostly fail and get abandoned. I also know very little about the early history of KiCad. I imagine it had a very slow start as a niche project on a French university for the better part of 20 years. When I started using KiCad some 10 years ago there were still serious issues. Library management did not work at all, and you had to hack into text files regularly to get some things done.

Hope to hear about that in the key note. If not, I’ll ask (barring questions are prohibited).

2 Likes

Yes, Wayne will probably cover some of that. We’ll also have a round-table with the lead developers where some of that will presumably be discussed

Will the talks be recorded and uploaded?

@seth Ah, just realized I made a - possibly wrong - assumption: are the evening events open for all?

Probably not for caveman impersonators, even if they wear shoes :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully not just livestreamed. Timezones from Spain to Asia are not convenient

2 Likes

Oh! Too bad, …
Pad to 20

Evening events are for everyone and meals included with conference registration

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.