KiCad7 s Footprint Library Pointing to KiCad6 Models

Hello Everyone,

Today I changed my OS to Arch and installed KiCad to continue my old projects.

After I finished the schematics and started the PCB design I found out that “Missing 3D Models” button reported all of my footprints 3d models are missing, but when I entered the 3d view everything looked fine.

But when I opened the footprint properties of any element in the PCB view and looked at the 3D Model Tab, EVERY footprint’s 3D Model path starts with “${KICAD6_some_library_directory}” instead of KICAD7. And after I manually configured the duplicate of all the KICAD7 with the KICAD6 Prefix, the system still shows me that all of my 3D Models are missing.

So if I change the 3D Models’ path directly in the Footprints Property, the error goes away.

The version of KiCad I use is 7.0.9-2 and the library n’ library-3d are 7.0.9-1.

I’m not sure if the problem is with arch maintaining the packets are with the original packages not being updated.

And I’ve not installed any custom libraries yet.

I’m also sure that the issue is not with my old project because, all the new projects I make also has the same outdated library (3D Models) path configurations attached to all the footprints I looked at.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.