Kicad6 Pads preventing route trackss

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

I am ready to route my layout and am prevented from placing tracks between the pads in a BGA item. There is a finely defined circle around each pad which blocks my track. I cannot find any way to remove this circle.
Can anyone help?
Thanks Michael

There is a finely defined circle around each pad which blocks my track. I cannot find any way to remove this circle.

These circle is most probably the pad-clearance outline. The size of these circle depends on the clearance-value which itself depends on the pad-netclass.
All clearance-values can be set in the File–>board-setup. You have to check page “general constraints” and page “netclasses”. Additionally the netclass- clearances can be overridden with custom rules (also in board setup).

placing tracks between the pads in a BGA item …

Maybe starting first with a simpler project (for instance the kicad-tutorial) could also be a good idea? (Getting Started in KiCad | 6.0 | English | Documentation | KiCad)

Check pad clearance and tracks width. Don’t go below advised values by your board manufacturer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.