Kicad will not fully load

I’ve been using Kicad 4.x for a more than a year and never had any problems. I updated to 5.0.1 and have been using it for about a month. Twice it crashed and today it refuses to load the first four programs. I re booted but that doesn’t help. Do I have to remove KiCad and start over? Mike

did you start over with a new fp-lib-table and sym-lib-table?
what OS are you using?

Not sure I understand about the tables. I had Kicad open dozens of times and made many changes in EEsch, footprint editor, etal. I have Windows 7 professional 64 bit version. My machine is an AMD dual core with 8 Gb memory and a solid state hard drive. I removed Kicad from the machine and reinstalled it and it is working fine. I was thinking that maybe I have a machine problem, but I have not had any trouble with other programs. I also ran my virus programs etal, no problems. Suppose I’ll have to keep an eye on it. Thanks Mike

You know, 5.0.2 is available (for windows among other platforms, but OSX seems to be lagging). This is a bugfix to 5.0.1 to fix the issues with Eagle import. You might want to think about upgrading.

It does not just fix eagle import stuff. But that is the major bug that got fixed.

I’ll give it a try. Thanks Mike

If you still encounter a problem than please give us more details. We would be very interested at which state kicad stops. What are the detailed symptoms?

Yeah, my statement would have been better worded to include “among other bug fixes”, or similar language.

1 Like

I updated to 5.0.2, but not before 5.0.1 failed to load the first four programs again. This is a real stumper. I hope 5.0.2 worked better. Mike

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.