Kicad will not close

I’ve just done a complete install of Ubuntu 14.10 and the latest version of Kicad Build: 0.201502231246+5447.

When I open up a project I can open up the schematic but if i open up CvPcb or PcbNew, when I go to close it, nothing happens. I have to log off and back on again so I can continue. I’ve never seen this problem before so was wondering if anybody else is having the same problem

Andy

So it hangs? Can’t you just kill the task?

I had the same issue when I tried with Ubuntu 14.10, both 32bit and 64 bit, about a month ago, though I haven’t tried it again ever since.

It’s troublesome for me, with Ubuntu 14.10, KiCAD most times requires me to press a key at least twice before it acts on it, for example, “A” key, for “place” command. So I gave up on trying Ubuntu 14.10.

not much help but in Windows I just bring up the Task Manager and close it from there.

I have the same problem Joe. It is very annoying. I’m now running Kubuntu 14.10 and so far Kicad is behaving. Not sure what was going on before. Guess that’s Kicad for you lol

Hello! I’ve the same problem, compiled on fedora 21 64bits. built 2015-02-18 BZR 5431.