Kicad v6.0.1 - 3D view problem?

Hi all,
Newbie to this forum :wink:

Can somebody explain how/why my PCB layout in 3D view is now showing the ‘back’ layer of tracks on the ‘front’ layer?
Also, when i choose “3d view” the PCB appears immediately showing the back side of the board instead of the component side.
This was all fine yesterday when testing a simple PCB layout, but today it all seems swapped around somehow.

My PCB tracks appear to be correct, i have Blue tracks on the B.Cu (Back) layer, and Red tracks on the F.Cu (Front) layer.
I’m not sure why 3D view is now inversing my PCB view, have i accidentally flipped something?

Thanks in advance.

Here’s the 3D view from todays trials…
I expected the tracks on this (Front?) side to appear on the reverse (Back?) side of this PCB.

Can you zip and attach the project here?

Sorry, i tried, but as a new user i don’t have access to upload attachments ;-(

FYI:
I’ve been using Kicad schematic around a year, but i’ve only just started exploring the PCB side of things yesterday, so it’s more than likely i’ve switched or flipped something sometime today, compared to whatever i was doing yesterday.

Yesterday i had incorrectly laid out the tracks with graphical lines (which created DRC errors), then i was told to use “route tracks” to add tracks instead of lines. (i didnt notice the route tracks icon yesterday lol).

Today i removed the lines, and replaced them with tracks (no DRC errors). and now i noticed the 3D viewer showing my tracks on the (front) component side of the board instead of the underside (Back) side of the board.

Try now. :wink: and drink a toast to 20 chars. :frowning:

lol, thanks for that :wink:

ok, attached is the project
LED_PCB_TEST_2022.zip (532.0 KB)

ok, i now have upload access, the file is in a reply in this thread.

I think i’ve found my problem, i had the “flip board view” enabled in the display layers settings AND i had also previously flipped the board horizontally, so in affect a double-flip, so what i thought was back/front layers were incorrect and the 3D viewer was doing the right thing :wink:

I’ve flipped everything to normal and now my front/back tracks are now correctly displayed in the 3D view too.

3 Likes

[quote=“hermit, post:5, topic:33429”]

Yep!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.