KiCad V5.1.2 Stable Quietly Updated for Windoze

KiCad V5.1.2 Stable

Date of this version is 05Jun19.

I have not been following the Developers Mailing List. Does anyone know if anything important has been fixed in the last three(3) nightlies?

ON EDIT:
Thanks @holger for pointing me in the right direction.

Launchpad Link - Use ngspice-30 for current nightlies and next releases

It appears to be a package change:

Nick Østergaard (nickoe) wrote on 2019-06-06: #8

I have pushed it for 5.1.2 as well as pkgrel 2.

5.1.2 has been out for quite a while. Are you sure this is new and not just a reupload?

I’m not certain of anything at all.

It may be a duplicate, but this is not clear.

For example:

KiCad V5.0.1_3
and
KiCad V5.0.1_4 are clearly different as the file sizes are different.

At least it is ngspice-30 (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1821520). Maybe it is just a re-packaging with the current simulator.

1 Like

And neither of them are 5.1.2… I think this is the relevant screeenshot:

Usually the number following the underscore is a packaging release number. Which would make sense as Nick says “pkgrel 2”, and in this context I would decipher that as “package release 2”. Unfortunately for us, you only gave that short quote and the link only goes to that comment. Reading the full bug report where that comment came from (bug number 1821520) it appears to be related to ngspice-30 as @holger also said.

2 Likes

I have asked on the dev list for doing the re-packaging also for macOS.

2 Likes

Whoops!

As I have not yet been replaced by a robot, I am not 100% accurate in everything I do.

1 Like

Does the pre 5.1.3 Nightly build include the ngspice update?

How to tell?

ON EDIT: I do not see SPICE at all in the V5.1.3 Testing version; but I don’t remember where it was.

Second EDIT: I found it; but have no idea how to tell what ngspice version is installed.

To get the spice version, use @Holger useful trick

Blockquote

The Windows nightlies for 5.1.2 and 6: yes
For macOS see
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg40958.html

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.