Kicad plugins on Windows

Hello,
I’m quite new to Kicad. I saw a lot of great things to enhance Kidad using plugins written in python. Unfortunately I am stuck with Window$ and didn’t get to run the plugins under pcb_new.
I created a directory under c:\users\username.kicad_plugins, the demo are in %programfiles%\KiCad\share\kicad\scripting\plugins.
I am planning to deploy KiCad in our company to push out our actual system (Target 3001).
On my personal PC, I run the latest nightly build but did not have any results… the external-plugin menu is just empty.

Any help will be grateful

In advance, sorry for my poor English.

regards
Juan-Carlos

@mmccoo had some posts and a blog about this and I remember @maui writing about it as well.
Try to search for them and see what comes up.

Thanks for you comment.
I followed this thread: HOWTO: Register a python plugin inside pcbnew Tools menu
I tried on my Ubuntu distrubution with the nightly PPA repository without success. Has the option KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU been disabled?

KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU is enable in ppa nightly build for ppa:js-reynaud/ppa-kicad.
Are you using this version ?

1 Like

Yes, I finally got it work under Ubuntu. I dont know if the fact that I installed the package kicad-demo had setted something.
I did not have this chance with Windows. I tested the latest nightly. I will dig a little bit more tomorrow.
Thanks for your help.

2018: I describe how I got it working on Windows in Python Action Plugins for pcbnew on KiCad nightly for Windows not working out of the box (path issues)