Kicad nightly build failing to list footprints

I’ve recently compiled the nightly build, in ordr to get a newer version of Kicad working on Debian Stable.

The previous problem got solved an now I have new one. When in layout mode, I click in add a footprint. Then I try to list all footprints and I get these errors:

I’ve checked and these folders effectively do no exist. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Use the library manager (pcb_new->preferences->footprint library manager) to remove the offending libs from the fp-lib-table.

If you want to use the official libs you have two options. Online or offline. (I would suggest you use offline unless you know what you get into by using online libs. Sadly a default installation does come with online libs.)
For installing offline footprint libs i would suggest you follow the tutorial by @bobc.

2 Likes

Did you hit any obstacles along the way? Anything to observer besides the instructions at http://docs.kicad.org/doxygen/md_Documentation_development_compiling.html?

I did this a few weeks ago. I didn’t document the process but it wasn’t particularly painful.

The program compiled without any problems whatsoever. The process was a bit slow, but that is it and expected for a software this size. The footprint problem was solved with your suggestion, and as far as I know there hasn’t been any new hiccups.

Sorry for the late reply.