For those users who wish for a magical land where archived library data roam free, ready to be downloaded and uncompressed:
Wait no more!
KiCad libraries can now be downloaded here.
- Symbols - https://kicad.github.io/symbols
- Footprints - https://kicad.github.io/footprints
- 3D models - https://kicad.github.io/packages3d
The data on this website are rebuilt every week, and track the official library repositories on GitHub.
- Currently the various
*.prettyrepositories are used to generate the footprint data
- When V5 libs are released, all footprints will be in the
kicad-footprintsrepository, and the dark powers (Python scripts) that govern https://kicad.github.io will be redirected to point to the new libs
- The archived library files (can) provide a LOT of compression. The go-to example is the pin-headers library.
- Uncompressed: 1.5GB
- Compressed: 54MB
- Compressed: 54MB (I thought that was worth repeating)
- There is no fourth point