Kicad Import formats, esp. Eagle

Anyone know the current situation with respect to import function in current versions of Kicad ? In earlier versions, it was available for board layout files, but that seems to have disappeared now. Any Eagle to Kicad converters available ?

To get access to the Eagle importer [open file], you must start pcbnew seperately, not via the launcher application.

ah, that did the trick, Thanks.
I’d used it in the past, and was sure the feature was lurking in there somewhere.

For the record, I got following error:
“libGLEW.so.1.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”
(Running on 32-bit AMD, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic, and Kicad BZR5290)

Corrected it by making a sym link to libGLEW.so.1.10 like thus:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLEW.so.1.10 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLEW.so.1.8

Hello everybody, I have a similar problem. I have a .brd file created by Cadence allegro and I’d like to know if is possible open this file using Kicad, if the answer is yes, how I can open it?
thanks in advance for the help

Conversions from Allegro are not supported at all at the moment; there just aren’t many (any?) devs with access to Allegro.

I don’t know if this is the correct place to post this but my problem is with opening a kicad project which I had done about a year ago. Many updates later I get an error message when I try to open the pcb. Error as follows:

IO_ERROR: Fatal installation Bug
missing file:
'/usr/local/bin/_cvpcb.kiface

I have registered an entry on Launchpad - under Bug #1443695. No solution as yet. Has anyone had this error before?

Probably incomplete installation!

If you built from source, running this insisde the “build” folder should fix it:

make clean

cmake ../ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DKICAD_SCRIPTING=ON -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON -DBUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON

ionice -c 3 nice -n 19 make && sudo make install

What about importing files from Multisim / Ultiboard?

If you want to import Eagle projects into Kicad then this Eagle Script will help you do just that :smiley:

This converter works pretty well. Schematic and Board both need some work - you need to clear out DRC/ERC errors etc, but it doesn’t take too much time. Great job.

Yeah, I’ve recently used it to merge an eagle pcb with my kicad design for manufacturing. It worked great. Just pay attention to steps. Although there are different script files, I couldn’t make it work until I followed the execution order from the start.

Hi All,

Is it possible to open Pulsonix PCB files (.pcb) in KiCad? Or can we merge Pulsonix files with KiCad files?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards,
Sarath

No
It is a secret format. As Pulsonix is designed by ex Racal Redac people, you can guess what it may be like

Thought the same.Thanks David.