KiCAD getting hanged when Escheema is opened.v 5.1.6

I was using KiCAD 5.1.6 on a Windows 10 machine normally. Recently I have to reinstall Windows 10 and again installed KiCAD 5.1.6 fresh. But now when Escheema is opened it gets hanged and KiCAD program become unresponsive. After we have to close the program by stopping the task.
No changes to the desktop configuration before or after this reinstallation. I was using KiCAD from version 4 onwards and facing this issue for the first time.
symbol libraries are not loaded.
no issue with PCB new and footprint modules are loaded as usual.
All libraries are provided by the installation file.
kindly advise how to tackle the issue

With regards
Ameer Khan VU3SQM

Does Eeschema start when you open it in “standalone” mode?
That is: directly from the operating system, and not from KiCad’s project manager.

Apparently eeschema sometimes get confused by files in the user configuration directory. My advise is:

1. Exit KiCad.
  2. Backup the whole user configuration directory.
  3. Delete the whole user configuration directory.
  4. Restart KiCad, it should re-create the user configuration.

Anything that crashes Eeschema is a bug and collecting more information about what exactly crashes Eeschema helps with squashing bugs.
Can you edit your first post (Click on the pencil Icon) and then add your full KiCad version (From Kicad / Help / About KiCad / Copy Version Info)

Recently there were at least two similar threads:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.