KiCad Functions

I am a new user e Kicad. I do not know if there is a function of choice of the colors of the wires design in the schematic . Example: differentiate positive or negative voltages, masses, etc …

Another function that I am looking for is the possibility to display the coordinates of the mouse at the cursor because not easy to follow at the bottom of the page.

Can we also center the selected objects (components, holes…) to measure them from their exact center. Thank you in advance for your answers.

Wires can’t have multiple colors.

Coordinates can’t be displayed at the cursor. It would be too distracting if it would be always there, but I wouldn’t oppose if there would be a hotkey to toggle that on/off. You can file a bug report in the bug database for that and hope that some developer considers it good enough an idea.

What you mean by exact center? Of a footprint or what? The achor point or a geometric center? Choose “Always” for Preferences->Pcbnew->Magnetic Points->Snap to pads. Then use the “Measure distance” (caliper) tool. Keep Alt key pressed and move the cursor with mouse. It should snap to the centers of pads and footprints. Is this enough?

thank you very much for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have checked it (I didn’t know that) at one of KiCad demo board - pic_programmer. Snaps to centers of footprints and centers and corners of pictures at Silk, and to centers of some pads (not all). For example don’t wont to snap to any pad of “PIC 40 PINS” socket.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.