Kicad export to Orcad

Is it possible to export from Kicad schematic to a format readable by orcad? Is there a tutorial on this?

Not that I have seen, but let us know if you find something.

For the other direction, there is a altium2kicad on github, and I think OrCAD SCH is similar to Altium SCH
You could look at that, and use it as a base to recode for the KiCad -> OrCad dirn ?

You can export netlists in other formats, from either KiCad SCH or PCB, if that helps.

There is no native support for anything other than importing Eagle6 PCB. There are very few developers and the proprietary formats make it extremely difficult to provide a translator, so no work is typically done on such translators. Some independent hackers have developed various tools to import from other formats but I don’t know of any projects to translate KiCad pcbs to another format.

It would be up to Cadence to support their customers by developing an importer. Not impossible as they know their own format and KiCad is open for them to decode

For PCB import to Allegro, a SKILL coding can be used. I’ve created something similar to import from Eagle way before 17.0, which now has it by default.
I know there is a schematic scripting available for orcad, but I didn’t use it so far. I know it has some limitations in creating schematic symbols so this should be a real challenge.

Trying to revive this old topic. There is a netlist button that seems to offer to export the net lists in OrcadPCB2 format (whatever OrcadPCB2 means…) See attached snapshot for reference. But it does not seem to be able to be successfully be imported into Allegro even through third party or ORCAD CIS import.

Does anyone have any success with creating a netlist from EESCHEMA? Is there some other alternative or technique?

Any help is much appreciated.

-GigaVolt.

Netlists are usually fairly simple ASCII files, so you are best to find a working example from the toolchain you target, and then compare the exported ASCII file.
Sometimes only the header needs editing (I found that with the PADS netlist export)

Or, you may find NET import has many choices, and you may be able to find a common format.