KiCad build on Fedora 22 boost patching 'Permission denied'? (SOLVED)

I have setup a VirtualBox VM with Fedora 22 and attempt to build KiCad but bump into this weird ‘Permission denied’ problem at the step of patching boost:

[ 0%] Performing patch step for ‘boost’
/bin/sh: /home/marco/Desktop/KiCad/src/kicad/patches/boost_minkowski.patch: Permission denied
CMakeFiles/boost.dir/build.make:101: recipe for target ‘/home/marco/Desktop/KiCad/src/kicad/.downloads-by-cmake/boost_1_54_0/src/boost-stamp/boost-patch’ failed
make[2]: *** [/home/marco/Desktop/KiCad/src/kicad/.downloads-by-cmake/boost_1_54_0/src/boost-stamp/boost-patch] Error 126
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:60: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/boost.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/boost.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:136: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Anybody knows what this is how to fix this?

It seems I needed to install ‘patch’ and re-run cmake. It’s building now.

Did installing patch fix this issue?

Yes it did. It was a freshly installed VM and did not have all the tools installed. So the weird error message about ‘permission denied’ was indeed because ‘patch’ was missing.

I am sorry for being a noob on this, but how exactly does one install patch and re-run cmake. I am having the same trouble. I’ll poke at this more with your clue, but for details would be helpful. thanks

EDIT: So to answer my own question, I was failing because I could not patch , but not permission denied . I found I was missing the patch binary.
Did a dnf install patch and i am proceeding.

FINAL EDIT: Did not work. failed as below. Will start another thread as failure is different.
…failed updating 2 targets…
…skipped 9 targets…
…updated 10887 targets…
CMakeFiles/boost.dir/build.make:138: recipe for target ‘…/.downloads-by-cmake/boost_1_54_0/src/boost-stamp/boost-build’ failed
make[2]: *** […/.downloads-by-cmake/boost_1_54_0/src/boost-stamp/boost-build] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:60: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/boost.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/boost.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:136: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Here is a recipe to build KiCad on Fedora