Kicad 8 possible issues

Hi,

I noticed a few issues:

• Pad X/Y coordinates: it was really useful click a pad (for example an IC pin) to see its X/Y coordinates and align a component connected to it.
  • If I zoom 20x my pcb and select a component on the schematic, the component highlights on the pcb but the zoom changes to 5. Did I miss something ? Else, can the zoom be preserved while focusing on the component itself ?
  • One resistor and one capacitor got their references changed to text fields. Deleting both components on the pcb left the remaining texts visible. I had to delete both components and texts and uptate from schematic to fix this.
  1. PCB or Footprint Editor? If you enable PCB Editor / View / Properties Manager and then select a pad, you see all the pad properties, including coordinates.
  2. This is called Cross Probing and there are several settings for this in the preferences.
  3. confused0024
  1. Ok :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: Never mind. Thanks !
  2. Thanks. Works great after disabling both “zoom to fit” in sch and pcb properties.
  3. Dunno how this happened. Has anybody reported this ?

Dunno how this happened. Has anybody reported this?

There is no open gitlab issue similar to this description.
Opening a new dedicated gitlab issue would only be useful if you could describe it more exactly, especially the reproduction steps are needed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.