KiCAD 8.0 Lib issue

Hi there!

just DL KiCAD 8.0.0 (the big package of over 1GB) and installed it (with libs checked) on my computer (Win11) but when I want to add a part (i.e. symbol) the window that opens to pick is just empty. Checked the paths settings (C:\Program Files\KiCad\8.0\share\kicad\symbols), checked the location with file explorer, it’s full of smybols, should be fine. Same for footprints and i guess also 3d models.

Is it only me or is somebody else also facing this?
Hold on, I installed 8 rc1 to sneak peak withouth libs, could it be it generated some settings that were kept and confuse now my new install? And in case, how to reset?

Thanks and best regards
Mark

This probably what happened. You can open Explorer to %APPDATA%\kicad\8.0 and delete the file sym-lib-table (and probably also fp-lib-table). Then next time you start KiCad you will have the option of picking the default global library tables, which you should do.

Awesome, that solved the issue :slight_smile:
KiCAD team, you do an amazing job, I started playing around with KiCAD by version 4, now it is a serious, mature and pleasant CAD tool.

And as always my little preach: folks remember doing a little donation, they deserve it, it makes it possible!

1 Like