Kicad 7 RC1 is hiding from me?

Am I the only one who cannot find the download link for Kicad 7 RC1? I see that people are using it but I’ll be damned if I can find it anywhere in the kicad.info download page. Google cannot find it either. I’m looking for the Win64 version. Thanks much =)

There is no separate download. KiCad-nightly has been rebranded to V7.0-rc1.
For me it came with regular updates (on Linux Mint) and it replaced V6.99. Others are apparently able to install it separately and have now 3 different KiCad versions installed.

It would be good if the team would add a link to their news release, as this is 30% counter-intuitive and many people could end up in a spin rather than making a smoothie to celebrate. Thanks then. I’ll download the latest Nightly!

Okay, I uninstalled my previous 6.99 nightlies and then re-installed today’s nightly, and it automatically went into folder %programfiles%\KiCad\7.0 which is fantastic! I’m thrilled about finally being on the genuine 7 branch now! Great work by the KiCad and Library teams!

What this does on Windows is to create a new desktop icon, which looks very similar to 6.0 and a new 7.0 directory structure in parallel to 6.0 and 6.99 under Documents/KiCad
I copied my experimental 6.99 projects over and uninstalled the last 6.99 Nightly. There shouldn’t be any more 6.99 builds.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.