KiCad 7: logos factory footprints have no courtyard defined

Hi, after I updated some of my projects to Kicad7 (current rc1 for testing version) it now warns me that the logos (installed by kicad) “Designed with Kicad” have no courtyard.
This warning is very useful for other footprints (and in fact for many logs as well) so I don’t want to add it to the ignore list, and I don’t want to exclude it every time i run the DRC.

I could duplicate the logo & create the courtyard as i did with other custom components recently, but is there a better way to do this (while keeping the all warnings active) ? e.g. should I install an update of the kicad library?

Just above the Ignore All, there is also an Exclude this violation, and this creates an exception for just the single item.
Note that there are two logo’s in the screenshot, but only one DRC message.

Use this footprint property:

4 Likes

@pauldvn Yes sorry if I wasn’t clear but I did use that too but the issue I have with that approach is that you need to do that everytime you run the drc checking which in my case is very often ( I like to fail fast and fix early aspects that could be harder to fix later)
@eelik this sounds really nice, thanks I will definitly try this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.