KiCad 7 Font - Supported Unicode Blocks (Characters/Symbols)

Visualizing all supported characters in KiCad Font (KiCad 7).

I have been curious to find out which Unicode Blocks (characters/symbols) are implemented by the KiCad Font in KiCad 7, so I decided to find out by creating a PCB with all the supported Unicode Block Characters implemented by the KiCad Font, visualized on the F.Silkscreen layer.

Supported Unicode Blocks

The following Unicode Blocks are supported by the KiCad Font (as of v 7.0.8):

Visualization KiCad Font Characters

The KiCad project with a visualization of all the supported characters and symbols can be found on GitHub where you can also download it in SVG and PDF formats: GitHub: KiCad Font Characters

The SVG inlined (unable to resize)…

Full size: KiCad-Font-Characters-F_Silkscreen.svg

KiCad-Font-Characters-F_Silkscreen

1 Like

U+202F (NNBSP) can also be used (since 5.1) if a KiCad file is edited directly (GUI entry is broken) with a text editor (this is useful for things like: ≥ 1, 10 mm, i. e., e. g., French punctuation !, … [Discourse, unfortunately, replaces it with a regular space here]).
, , , , , , , are also useful.

1 Like

@mgyger, thanks.
It turns out I had omitted the General Punctuation Group (as well as a few others like Arrows).

I have now included them and reformatted the files so they are now grouped by Script (Latin, Common, …).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.