KiCad 7.0.8 Importing from Eagle 9.6.2 Polygons and component attributes missing

Hi,
Trying to import Eagle data with KiCad 7.0.8, release build I cannot import any polygons in the layout. From other posts in the forum I believe that processing polygons basically should work.
polygons

Also the attributes from the components are not transfered. Only the part designator and component value are converted.

I have attached the Eagle .SCH /.BRD for reference. It has no function, but shows the problem.
import.brd (43.5 KB)
import.sch (180.6 KB)

Any support is highly appreciated.

Not importing polygons is a bug that is already fixed in 7.0 testing builds.

Also the attributes from the components are not transfered

For this a gitlab feature request was opened some time ago. Upvote if want it implemented: EAGLE Import: Handle Part Attributes (Library Management) (#15579) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab

I have installed Kicad 7.99 from Nightly Development Builds and checked again with the above test file.

All polygons were perfectly imported! :+1:
Great I love it! Many thanks to the KiCAD team!

Tested with
Application: KiCad PCB Editor x64 on x64
Version: 7.99.0-3268-g68a5753c80, release build
Eagle file was created with
Autodesk Eagle Version 9.6.2

1 Like

Bis dir einfach im klaren, dass KiCad 7.0.8 die Dateien von 7.99 nicht öffnen kann und das vielleicht nicht mal zukünftige 7.99 Versionen Dateien von dem momentan aktuellem 7.99 öffnen kann.

Just be aware that KiCad 7.0.8 can not open file from 7.99 and it could even be possible that future version of the 7.99 branch will not be able to open files saved with the current 7.99 version.

2 Likes

In case you are not aware, 7.0 testing builds are bug fixes for 7.0.8 which will be included in the 7.0.9 release (when enough bugs are considered fixed) but are also available to download at any time to test and use. The 7.0 testing builds will open in 7.0.8.

7.99 will be the future 8.0.0. This will not open in any 7.0.x.

As a test to prove the bug is already fixed, it would be worth your while, and useful for the developers, to download and try out the 7.0 testing build.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.