KiCad 7.0.10 Global Field name templates not passes to new symbol during creation

Hello
KiCad 7.0.10 Global Field name templates not passes to new symbol during creation.
I create my personal “Global field name template” and has hopes that fields will be automatically available during new symbol creation… But… I was very disappointed that this absolutely not work.
Fields available only for symbols already placed on schematic sheet.

I think it is a very strange behavior or simply not finished functionality.

– Regards,
Victor

I guess with “global”, you mean: Schematic Editor / File / Schematic Setup / General / Field Name Templates. These work in a different way. Names you enter there will be added to any symbol used in your project as “virtual” names. At the moment you add data to them they become “real”.

Just by adding an “LV26”:

And then viewing the properties of a resistor that was already on the schematic, shows that this “virtual” variable is ready for data to be entered:

Thank you
But I know this.
My question`s sense is “Why KiCAD developers not add passing this parameters also to Symbol editor or really globally”? They only did half of their homework :slight_smile:
At current moment when I create new symbols I need type manually this “global” parameters every time for every new symbols
Why I need this? Because I use atomic symbol/parts and want to have all data fixed with my part symbol.
For example

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.