Kicad 6.0.4 opens in the same project on every start up

Hi all,

I have an issue to which I have found no other questions or answers.

When I open Kicad 6, the project that is launched is NOT the project that I want to work in. My list of recent projects is not updated as I launch the project I want to work in and if I clear the list of recent projects, the list is still there when I close and reopen Kicad.

There must be a path to the project that is launched upon start up of Kicad somewhere, and I would think that by changing this, I can do a workaround for now. Do any of you know where I can find this path?

Is there plans to implement a way to configure the default project on start up in the future?

Kicad should open the last project. If as you say it keeps the recent projects list despite clearing it that indicates problem with saving configuration.
See here to find where configs are stored on your os Where are the configuration files (settings, library tables)?

And check file permissions.

Something is wrong with your configuration. The normal behaviour is that KiCad opens the most recent project worked on, and if you switch projects the recently used list should update. If it doesn’t something went wrong, maybe the config files became unwritable. Did you create them as a different user perhaps? And post your version details.

Hi,
I only have a single user on this machine.
I’ll check file permissions. Thanks

Application: KiCad (64-bit)

Version: (6.0.4), release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.1.5
libcurl/7.78.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.11

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19044), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: Mar 18 2022 03:04:44
wxWidgets: 3.1.5 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.76.0
OCC: 7.6.0
Curl: 7.78.0-DEV
ngspice: 36
Compiler: Visual C++ 1928 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Another symptom may be that Kikit says it is not installed even though it is…

The files contained in AppData/Roaming/kicad/6.0 are not write protected, but the 6.0 folder was. I’ve changed the permissions to writeable.
Didn’t do much, though. Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall Kicad?

Okay, I changed the file path, now it opens the correct project. So far so good.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.