Kicad 5.1.0 Debian documentation build problem

I’m consistently getting the following error when trying to build on Debian.

[ 59%] Generating en/eeschema.epub
cd /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/build/doc/src/eeschema && /usr/bin/a2x --xsltproc-opts=--nonet --no-xmllint -f pdf -f epub -a docinfo -a lang=en /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/build/doc/src/eeschema/en/eeschema.adoc
a2x: ERROR: "dblatex" -t pdf -p "/etc/asciidoc/dblatex/asciidoc-dblatex.xsl" -s "/etc/asciidoc/dblatex/asciidoc-dblatex.sty" -P latex.output.revhistory=0 -P doc.publisher.show=0 -s /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/doc/CMakeSupport/pdf-cover-dblatex.sty -b xetex -p /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/doc/src/eeschema/../../xsl/dblatex-pdf-ja.xsl -o /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/build/doc/src/eeschema/pl/eeschema.pdf  "/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/build/doc/src/eeschema/pl/eeschema.xml" returned non-zero exit status 1
make[4]: *** [src/eeschema/CMakeFiles/eeschema_pdf_pl.dir/build.make:64: src/eeschema/pl/eeschema.pdf] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/build/doc'
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3030: src/eeschema/CMakeFiles/eeschema_pdf_pl.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 59%] Built target eeschema_pdf_ru
[ 59%] Built target eeschema_epub_en
[ 59%] Built target eeschema_pdf_fr
make[3]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/build/doc'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:143: all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/build/doc'

I traced the problem to commit a50020 from March 9 which updates Polish translation. The specific change that causes the problem is the hunk @@ --5391,39 +5588,29 @@. Reversing it makes the problem go away.

Obviously, it is something in these 29 lines that breaks dblatex, but I’m not sure what exactly, I’m not very familiar with it. Upgrading dblatex (to version 0.3.10) and asciidoc (to version 8.6.10) does not help.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and BTW this happens both on Buster and Stretch.

Jump on the doc-devs mailing list. Currently being discussed:

https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-doc-devs/msg00192.html

Just subscribed. Not sure how I’d reply to the message I don’t have though… and I don’t want to start a new thread.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.