Kicad 4.0.7 Pcbnew Highlight Net

Hi,

I am wondering how to highlight and un-highlight nets in the default viewer in Pcbnew in Kicad 4.0.7. I know how to do it in the modern viewers with CTL+Click , however I only use the default or legacy viewer because I find it much easier to see everything that I need. In the new viewers everything but the selected layer is near invisible for me and I find it very hard to work in that environment.

I have seen one other forum post about this and the answer was select the tool in the toolbar, however I do not believe that there is a tool in the toolbar because I have searched many times on my version of the program.

The reason I ask is because somehow nets become highlighted and I can’t figure out what un-highlights them. Usually it is GND that becomes highlighted for me.

Yes I do plan on upgrading to 5 soon, but I have a project that I started in 4 so I am sticking with it for now.

Thank you in advance.

The second icon from top on the right tool bar.

Click with the middle button on the color square of a layer on the layers manager toolbar.
Then play with “opacity” till you find yourself comfortable. It takes some time to get used to the modern toolset

I don’t think kicad 4 had transparency for the open gl canvas. This might be a new addition to version 5.

Hey Pedro,

Thanks for the answers. I will definitely look into the opacity options once I switch to version 5. Those are some good tips and I do think that I have just been using default view for so long that going to the modern canvas is really hard visually.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.