KiCad 4.0.7 footprint library wizard

i will try right away :+1:

@Rene_Poschl No luck still the same result as before :sweat:

In the new project you created as a test, did you get the new libraries in there?

For old projects you would need to repeat the process of adding the libs manually. (So instead of working on the copy of the kicad.pro file you directly work on the project file in question.)

It’s still not working. I want to select Housings_SOIC but i still can’t see the different housings.

I don’t know, I find KiCad very unstable on some fronts. I have heard so many people on different forums talking about problems with their libraries and Cvpcb and such

I sure hope KiCad 5 will be beter. I can’t work with a program that’s not working entirely.
I mean some errors I can fix but this is like i have made KiCad and i have to manage the library data. :roll_eyes:

And yet so many people have no trouble whatsoever. You happen to have the “Filter Footprint List by Keywords” filter selected. Try selecting “Filter Footprint List by Library”.

@1.21Gigawatts I understand that many people have no troubleshooting at all, but it would be nice for newer user ( like me ) to just start working without errors. ‘‘Filter Footprint List by Library’’ It does nothing I don’t even get a list with footprints that could fit with the 7555 timer.

What’s strange is that you still have the old Housings_xxxx libs in the list even thought you mentioned that you installed the version 5 backport libs.

And as you mentioned you are behind a proxy this might explain why you have trouble
You might want to take a look at this faq topic as it explains in detail how to install a specific library version locally: How can i install a specific version of the footprint library?

But regarding footprint assignment have a look at this FAQ article: How can i assign a footprint to a symbol?

I downloaded this one : v4-backport-5.0.0-rc2 and installed it right away. im indeed behind proxy as many sites and such are blocked from my use. I do know ( i think ) enough about assigning footprints and such because I’m following the ‘‘getting to blinky 4.0’’ instructions from contextual electronics.

I will read the how to install a specific version of the footprint library :+1:

If you have questions regarding that feel free to ask. Just as a hint: open the footprint library manager and look what is in there. I would guess that there are a lot of entries starting with ${KIGITHUB} as this is the default. You will need to delete all of them and replace them with whatever library version you decide to install. (using the backport lib is a very good plan as it will make the switch over to kicad 5 much easier.)

Just be aware that the 0402 footprints are all wrong. (I discovered yesterday that i had a typo in the script)

I asked my company to take GitHub out of the proxy so it could be used. So i don’t thinks it depends on the proxy.

I am not sure if it is a problem with blocking github or if it is that kicad does not create the html request wrong if you are behind a proxy.

Well i don’t know that either. :sweat_smile:

It’s all from my local map now. I deleted the whole library table and put the : v4-backport-5.0.0-rc2 with all the libraries in. I will try to assign footprints now.

By the way restart kicad after changing what libs are loaded. It might be that cvpcb just doesn’t update its internal list

alright thanks for mentioning that. :+1:

You might also simply have both the old v4 lib and the new v5 lib in the lib tables. (would explain why you still see the Housings_xxx libs)

It’s working like a charm now @Rene_Poschl !!. Thanks so much all the footprints are there and just like you said the SOIC is now in package.

Your’e a legend.

I can’t thank you enough,

Jasper

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.