Kicad 4.0.7 build 9200 Win10 installation

Hello All,

I installed Kicad 4.0.7 on Win7 , after launching help option of the shortcut KiCad I can see Platform as Win7 and build as 7601 but when i installed KiCad 4.0.7 on Win 10 , after launching help option of the shortcut KiCad I can see Platform as Win8 and build as 9200.

Is this a normal behaviour to get platform as Win8 on installing KiCad in Win10. Please help.

Regards,
Mitali

Yes, it’s a bug.

Have you considered moving to KiCad 5.0.0?

1 Like

This is a Windows “feature”, making many applications detect the wrong version

The bug still exists there though.

It will be fixed in wxWidgets 3.2, it seems, so 6.0 might report the correct version. Is anyone actually running 8.1, or have they all been switched to Win10 when they left their computer unattended for an hour?

@Mitali_Puranik Don’t worry about the version number reported though. Nothing changes in kicad because of it.

I had an upgrade problem that wouldn’t let me go from 8.0 to 8.1. It also prevented it from going to 10. Not that they didn’t try. I almost missed a job interview on Skype because of it. (One of the few things I use Windows for when I have too. :wink: )

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.