KF127A footprint

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

I’m trying to find a footprint for KF127 screw terminal. I flipped through the Terminal block xxx footprint libraries but I can’t find any similar (I also searched with the search function).
No problem, I will design this footprint but maybe I miss something and this already exists in one of the libraries.

KF127A

Thanks for your responses.
Zsolt

For some more clarity, screenshot from the linked to lcsc website:

LCSC has a datasheet with a full drawing of the footprint.

2303171000_Cixi-Kefa-Elec-KF127A-5-0-2-3P_C474913.pdf (405.7 KB)

I am not so surprised you can’t find it. There are quite a lot of different variants of such terminal blocks. On top of that, this one is *&^%$#@! because it has a 5mm pitch between the pins (in the long direction, and 10.16mm between the rows of pins. Whomever thought that was a good Idea should never have become a connector designer.

Making such a footprint in KiCad takes about 5 to 10 minutes, once you have gone though the initial (small) learning curve of learning to use the footprint editor and working with personal libraries. On top of that, I consider both those skills essential for anyone doing more with KiCad then a little bit of tinkering. If you’re familiar with sites like SnapEDA, PCB Libraries, Samacsys etc, then you can have a look over there.

As an alternative, maybe you’re interested in testing KiCad-Nightly, which has now become V8.0.0~rc1.

I agree. Making footprints is a good exercise which does not require a lot of time. And there can be variations to make the footprint better suit your needs.

But one note of caution: If you want to use this part in Australia, you should make the footprint upside down. :grinning:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your fast answer and for the detailed description for import steps, I have been using KiCad for a while, I didn’t know if I can import EasyEDA footprints. It’s a great software !

Yours sincerely
Zsolt

I think I will do this type exercises :smile: . I would like to try the inverted footprint because I have never been in Australia …

Remember to also invert gravity in your workshop to make the inverted footprint work. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, life is different down here. We even have our own emoji that you are most welcome to use :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The smiling is important :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.