Keyboard Shortcut X can be dangerous!

Hi al: By reading the Reference Manual I found how to modify the keyboard.shortcuts! So to solve my problem I changed the Shortcut X in the Schematic Editor to one of the numeric keys that was not used before. So redeing the manual is always a good idea! Thanks to all that have commented this.

That is very good to hear. Would you please remind me where to find the Reference Manual ?

If you go to Help you get a question if you want to access the KiCad online help, just answer Yes and you get the Reference Manual. I believe it is still in a preliminary stage.

1 Like

When I click on “Help” in KiCad’s menu it directly loads the relevant manual (Schematic, PCB, Symbol or Footprint editor) in a browser. Notice the local URL in the firefox screenshot below.

Why do you think so? It’s been like this for years. To me, it’s quite reasonable to ask for permission before browsing to some external location on the internet from an “unexpected source”. This is quite common for the help on Linux programs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.