Keep Out Problem with Board House

Here are my plot and drill file generation settings:

And this completes the votes of the Austrian jury :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @straubm,

We could not find anything wrong with the footprint or the board either.

In the end, we sent the board house the following 3D viewer picture, and they replied “Now I get it”.
So, in the future we’re going to add a 3D picture to our manufacturing data to avoid misunderstandings.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 5.30.17 PM

1 Like

So they were THINKING the keepout area was ment as cutout (which is not totally absurd for a relais, creepage e.a.) and it was no automated process?
They really take care of customers…

Yes, 6 different e-mails, short and simple English: “No cutoff inside board” didn’t work!
Until I sent the picture.

As they say “A picture is worth a thousand words”.

But then, I had something similar with a board at JLCPCB, to my benefit. I forgot to submit the drill file for the non-plated holes for a board. So the mounting holes for the USB connector’s positioning studs were missing. But the keepouts in the mask layers were there. They noticed that and asked whether there shouldn’t be holes. There should have been. Re-send the files? No way. I had to cancel the order and re-order with the correct files. There’s light and dark in everything.
Take care!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.