Keep last label orientation in schematic

Hello!

I would like to know if there is a setting for this. When drawing a schematic, I use a lot of labels because I think it becomes a lot more readable than having wires everywhere. But when writing labels around a processor, for instance, it would be very useful if eeschema could remember the orientation of the last label, otherwise I have to either rotate it everytime, or go to some menu.
I noticed that in the symbol editor, the pin direction is remembered, and next time I draw a pin, it will be by default the same as last pin. It would be very nice to have this behavior for labels. Is there a setting for that?
Thanks,

Pascal

Is this in combination with the auto increment function with the [Ins] key?

I have never bothered myself to change the direction of the Auto Increment.
You can change this in:
Eeschema / Preferences / Preferences / Eeschema
Because that is 3 levels deep in a menu.

I find it much more convenient to simple make a column of these labels outside of the schematic, and then use block rotate and move operations to get the labels where I want them.

For a copy of a single rotated label, I just hover the mouse cursor over an existing label and press c for copy. ([Ctrl+C] and [Ctrl + V] for a block of labels) This is quicker than any menu and also limits possibilities for typing mistakes. When a single label or a block is attached to the mouse cursor, rotating is simply on the fly with the r shortcut key.

Another way is to have a bunch of dummy labels in your most used orientation. If you then double click on it the text gets selected and will be replaced as soon as you type other text.

Or combine this:

• c over an existing (vertical oriented) label to attach it to the cursor.
  • e and enter new text.
  • Move mouse and click to place label.

Duh…
If you press l for label (lower case L), and then select “Up” in the orientation, then Eeschema remembers that direction for the next label you place.

But even so:
copying an existing label seems quicker then typing the same label name multiple times.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.