Just venting - JLCPCB "system error" degradation

8 days ago it was possible to order https://github.com/rusefi/hellen121vag/tree/main/boards/hellen121vag-b/board but today it’s “System error” with JLCPCB unable to render gerber preview and figure out board dimensions which prevents assembly order from happening. I know I know it’s a JLCPCB issue but…

what’s painful is that a sibling board https://github.com/andreika-git/hellen81/tree/master/boards/hellen81-a/board created it no KiCAD still works just fine :frowning:

If you tag @atommann he/she might see this and explain why the outage.

It’s a small world atommann is already working on this issue :slight_smile:

Speaking of JLCPCB’s gerber interpreter/previewer, I face another issue: the X and Y board dimensions seem mixed.
For board dimensions the hint displayed suggests “X” being horizontal and Y being vertical; but after gerber upload these are switched (height (Y) x width (X) instead of proper width (X) x height (Y)).
Effectively, for “panel by JLCPCB” columns and rows are mixed. @atommann could you take look at this issue as well?

Hi,

I just replied your email a moment ago.

Sure, I’ll look into it right now.

I’ve found JLCPCB’s ordering system infrastructure to be only somewhat stable. I’ve ordered a lot of boards from them - at least 50 orders - and, more often than not, there seems to be some sort of glitch. Often it clears up by retrying. Sometimes I have to wait a few hours. In the last 6 months, I can think of 3 times I had to wait a day or more.

The gerber preview is especially quirky, usually with parts placement/rotation preview. Once it didn’t work at all. I ordered anyway without correcting rotation and they sent me a preview PNG via email. Their techs made the proper corrections and the boards I got were fine.

I wish their systems were more reliable but I’ve always been able to get my order done.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.