JLCPCB / KiCad keyboard DRC

Hai,

So I’m designing my first keyboard PCB using Kailh’s hot swap footprint but JLCPCB DRC’s seem to just disagree with them. The error is basically saying that the pad to pad clearance is 0.4685mm instead of the 5mm that they could do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard!

Hmmm…

I wasn’t sure what they were, but a Google soon sorted that.

Can’t see why you’re having difficulty… I’ve just designed a PCB in KiCAD for a keyboard using MX keys (upgrade to an expert keys EK58 to be precise) and not had any issues getting it to fit. JLCPCB made the boards and they’re due for delivery tomorrow.

Since the hot swap doesn’t seem to have anything closer together than what the normal MX switch does, you should be able to design something JLCPCB can make.

Not sure what service you’re using, but a 0.5mm gap seems a bit big, even for a “basic” PCB. My “basic setup” is a 0.2mm track and gap, which allows for 0.3mm pad width on 0.5mm pitch TQFPs. I don’t go down to 0.2 traces, though, but instead stick to .25 as a minimum for signals and 0.3mm for power.

Matt

Hi,

Um, kinda embarrassing but I’ve realised the issue. What I’ve done is connect one of the pads near the whole to a diode net and not the hole; therefore, KiCad assumes it’s a different thing all together when in reality it is fine.

So sorry for the hassle,

Sparr0we

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.