JLC part browser

I was scanning recently-updated KiCad projects using RepoRecon and I found this: GitHub - yaqwsx/jlcparts: Better parametric search for components available for JLC PCB assembly :

Probably all of us love JLC PCB SMT assembly service. It is easy to use, cheap and fast. However, you can use only components from their catalogue. This is not as bad, since the library is quite broad. However, the library UI sucks. You can only browse the categories, do full-text search. You cannot do parametric search nor sort by property. That’s why I created a simple page which presents the catalogue in much nicer form. You can:

• do full-text search
  • browse categories
  • parametric search
  • sort by any component attribute
  • sort by price based on quantity
  • easily access datasheet and LCSC product page.

You can access the JLC part browser directly here.

This project has been around for a while (411 Github stars), but I searched and didn’t find any mention of it on this forum. So here it is.

4 Likes

There is a extra : in your link to github

Fixed it. Thanks!!!

This has been my main tool for using JLC assembly for a long time (and the reason why I am sponsoring Jan GitHub - yaqwsx/jlcparts: Better parametric search for components available for JLC PCB assembly)
It got a bit unwieldy recently as JLC creates an absolute mess regarding part categorization. Curiously LCSC (which is more or less the same company, having the same component base) does much better.
Let’s hope Jan finds some time to upgrade the search function a bit!

3 Likes

Something to keep on mind is that jlcpcb now allows you to purchase parts inventory for your projects from major suppliers - Digikey, Mouser, and others.

Yes, but IIRC that is very slow and expensive. You can also have your own part stock at JLC. However that’s IMO against the core idea of JLCPCB assembly: Fast, easy and cheap.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.