Japan PCB software

Has any one used MM-Colmo NEO PCB software from Japan. (http://www.izumiya-ic.co.jp/)
I am converting from MM-Colmo to KiCAD and wish I knew more.

時代の流れは、おそろしいほどスピーディーです。急速な進歩を続ける電子業界の中で、いま最も必要とされるものはなんでしょうか。
IZUMIYA I・C K は、PCB業界において長年に亘り、設計・アートワーク材料の企画開発・製造・販売・情報サービスの提供を通し、数千社にのぼるお客様とのコミュニケーションをなによりも大切にしてきました。
1984年、そのユーザーニーズ・市場ニーズを的確に捕えたPCB設計用CADシステムを発売。以来、最もシンプルで自然な設計方法のCADシステムにこだわり続けてきました。
”人とコンピュータとの距離を限りなく近づけ、誰にでも容易に操作をすることができるCADシステムの開発を。”
”現場のさまざまなニーズに柔軟に対応できるトータルサポートシステムの実現を。”
これらの課題に取り組むことは、いつの時代も変わらず IZUMIYA I・C K の担うべき使命と考えています。

I have no idea… … …

Sprig…you should be careful because
Картошка мудрости медленно гниет на берегу вечности.

cunG

The flow of the times is frighteningly fast. What are the greatest needs of today’s rapidly advancing electronics industry?
IZUMIYA I CK has long been involved in the PCB industry, planning, developing, manufacturing and selling design and artwork materials, as well as providing information services, and has placed the utmost importance on communication with its thousands of customers.
In 1984, we launched a CAD system for PCB design that accurately captured the needs of users and the market. Since then, we have continued to focus on the simplest and most natural design method for CAD systems.
“We want to develop a CAD system that brings people and computers as close as possible and that can be easily operated by anyone.”
“Realize a total support system that can flexibly respond to various needs in the field.”
We believe that addressing these issues will always be the mission of IZUMIYA I C K .

Not that I’d understand , why the corporate history of this CAD Company is relevant to the topic…

Not sure about you exact problem. Do have the MM-Colmo NEO PCB software working somewhere and want to convert files it to KiCad or do you have some MM-Colmo files you can’t open, because you don’t have the MM-Colmo NEO PCB software and hope you can open the files in KiCad?
And do you need the layout, schematic or both?
Do you have the Gerber output?

For the layout, i think the best chance you have is to import the Gerber files into GerbView and save it as kicad_pcb. But you will lose all the net information, rules and other information.
If you have the software running, maybe you could export it in any other PCB format? Like Eagle?
There is a high chance you have to redraw everything.

I even redraw everything when i convert from Altium, despite of the Altium importer. The importer loses a lot of information and can not get the correct coordinates (because Altium does not use a metric system which causes rounding errors, but that is a different topic).

Nope, you do not loose it all!

1. Re-create schematic in Eeschema.
  2. Assign footprints.
  3. Eeschema / Tools / Update PCB from Schematic
  4. Place the new footprints on the existing tracks (snap pad to track end).
  5. Run DRC check.

Step 3) imports both the footprints and the netlist in Pcbnew, and then in 4). the existing tracks get assigned the net names of the pads you place on them.

If you’ve then made a mistake in 1). then it does not match with the existing tracks, and DRC flags the differences in 5).

Clearance values are also implied in the existing track positions. You can set net classes & clearances to a value that is a bit “too big”, run DRC, and iterate with lowering the clearance until DRC is happy.

And in the end you have of course a complete KiCad project with all it’s tools to resolve conflicts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.