Issues with Board Setup not showing nets

Is anyone else having issues with Board Setup (in pbcnew) not showing the nets? Somewhere between 5.1.0 and 5.1.4, my project seems to have lost the ability to show any nets in the setup. Either that or I’ve lost my mind. No filters are active. I’ll give a shot at uploading an image of what I am (not) seeing. Thanks!

Application: KiCad
Version: 5.1.4, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.65.3 OpenSSL/1.1.1d zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.2.0) libssh2/1.8.2 nghttp2/1.39.2
Platform: Linux 5.2.14-arch2-1-ARCH x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8) GTK+ 3.24
Boost: 1.69.0
OpenCASCADE Technology: 7.3.0
Curl: 7.65.3
Compiler: GCC 9.1.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=OFF
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Can you give the board file here?

eelik,
Somewhere between shutting things down last night and firing up KiCad this morning, it magically started working again. I have no clue! I wish things like this were a little more static, it would sure help in preventing it in the future.

Interesting thing to note. I now realize that beside the nets, none of the layers were showing under the “Layers” selection under Board Setup. It looks like all items in the scroll-windows were absent. My best guess is there may have been an update in Arch that messed it up. Anyway, thanks for jumping in to help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.