Issue Connecting to a Package in Newest Version

Hey guys, so I updated my KiCAD, and I went to use the built in Package_DFN_QFN:QFN-48-1EP_6x6mm_P0.4mm_EP4.66x4.66mm for a ATSAMD21 and for whatever reason I cannot connect the D+ and D- lines for USB. No matter how much I move around the router, or change settings, or go outside and pray to the KiCAD gods I cannot connect them. Only these pins, I see nothing different between these and all the other pins even when I scroll through layers or change track widths.

Is this a bug or am I just not seeing or knowing something?

At a guess. Kicad is treating your pair as differential whichbhas different clearances under the differential router. I Would guess its trying to enforce the spacing. And your pads are too close to allow it.

If so change the differential settings while you attach the last bit

1 Like

I will be honest, learning how to make pairs in KiCAD instead of Eagle is the next item on my to do list, dunno how. That is not it. But I will keep that in mind for the future.

Having 2 nets that are the same. But one has ā€œ+ā€ and the other ā€œ-ā€ or ā€œ_Pā€/"_N" on the end tells kicad its a differential pair.

1 Like

Ah! So how can I fix the issue?

Never mind, I found an easy fix that involved selecting the trace section, and pasting in the x and y values from the pad I was trying to connect to, then I simply cleaned them up after to look nice. Thank you very much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.