Is there a way to switch from Schematic to PCB in 1 key?

Hi, my work requires that I switch back and forth from EEschema to Pcbnew windows very often while moving parts around. Right now I click the title bar of the other window to switch. Is there a keystroke that can switch back and forth? I tried hotkeys, but I couldn’t find a key that selects schematic or PCB window.
Thanks,
Lloyd
Application: KiCad

Version: (5.1.9)-1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.5
libcurl/7.71.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1g (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.3.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.3.0) libssh2/1.9.0 nghttp2/1.41.0
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.5 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.73.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.71.0
Compiler: GCC 10.2.0 with C++ ABI 1014

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Not in KiCad. But alt+tab should do the trick…

Have you tried using two screens? This works very well between schematic and layout.

Maybe not in v5.1, but at least in 5.99 (the unstable development version) it’s possible to assign a hotkey for “Switch to PCB editor” and “Switch to schematic editor”. They are unassigned by default.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I have 2 screens, but my particular way of placing parts needs a lot of switching back and forth between schematic and PCB. Once 6.0 gets released and stable, I might use that shortcut.

But for now, I feel dumb for not thinking of Alt-Tab. I closed any other windows so I just had KiCad windows, and Alt-Tab has been great. Thanks very much.

Lloyd

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.