Is it possible to get a good .step file from an Altium project?

@ work I am desigining a shield style board for something. But that something has connectors and mounting holes on all the annoying places.

So I would like a good step file for that something so I can see how my shield will fit.

I opened pcb editor 8.0, I managed to import the Altium project of that something.
afbeelding

I opened the 3D viewer and to my suprise I was looking at a fine 3D model of that something. It actually worked. I am missing some ICs but whatever.

But now. I tried to export a .step file in the PCB editor. And I just had a flat green rectangle with some holes in it. Completely useless.

Ofcourse I want what I am seeing in the 3D viewer in a .step file so I can have the 3D model on my shield.

Than I tried to load the saved Kicad board file in FreeCAD but FreeCAD start complaining about missing step files for every single component, which ofcourse it totally logical.

But If I can see… all things of something in the 3D viewer, isn’t there a way to get what a .step file out of it?

Kind regards :coffee:

Bas

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.