Is it OK to list items for sale on this forum?

Hi group,
I have a reflow oven I would like to post for sale.
Is it OK to list it here on the .info forum?
If not any suggestions as to the proper forum.
Can a post be linked to an ebay listing?
thanks
Dwight

EEVBlog forum has the appropriate section and has a wide audience:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/

John

2 Likes

Thanks for that link, I’ve been on that forum.
So still to clarify is it a NoNo here, then?
thx

Ultimately that would be up to @ChrisGammell I’m ambivalent. Well known members offering up the occasional item if they up grade might be acceptable in my view but it is always where do you draw the line. The easiest one is to just say no. We already have the creeping problem of what is Kicad related.

I have no real say, but I would suggest no: having a For Sale section is only useful if it is well-used in my opinion, because then you can build up reputation between users, set standards for what information is included, etc.

Just realized the developers probably try and keep an eye on stuff here as much the mods and level 4’s. So, yeah. Less is more in terms of Kicad development.

This is a very multi-national forum, so for most visitors, the post would just be noise.

2 Likes

I’d prefer it if we didn’t go down that road.
This forum is rare in that it continues to stay on topic (largely), and we should try and keep it that way.

TBH I’ve started cringing about the number of technical project questions that are popping up - there are other sites for that.

Edit (add omitted word)

4 Likes

Good point. Noise equals losing core readers. I think that’s why mailing lists eventually fail. You get EVERYTHING. Forums like this allows you at least some filter.

I would prefer not to open this pandora’s box. We already have many a discussion about basic electronic design/parts/tools that have nothing to do with KiCad (think solder wick…)
Just my opinion.

1 Like

If I was interested in buying some second hand item, I’d go to a local website that specializes in bringing buyers and sellers of second hand items together. The buysellwanted on EEvblog seems quite busy too though…

Let’s not go there. Next thing you know a for sale section appears to sanction ads for say PCB fabrication and there are already influencers^wspammers trying to get a foothold.

Besides it’s not very effective for your item. It’s more likely to suit someone you can ship to readily, and this is an international forum.

2 Likes

All good points.
I will list the item elswhere.
cheers

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.