Is is possible to move components on from one sheet to another and maintain reference designators?

Is is possible to move components on from one sheet to another and maintain reference designators? I and cut an paste but the refs turn back to ?'s.

Jacob

Instead of cut and pasting, do cut and then editpaste special. This lets you paste with some options. The one you’re looking for is keep existing reference designators, even if they are duplicated.

If you use paste special a lot, you can assign a hotkey, for example Ctrl+Shift+V

That[quote=“gkeeth, post:2, topic:39400, full:true”]
Instead of cut and pasting, do cut and then editpaste special. This lets you paste with some options. The one you’re looking for is keep existing reference designators, even if they are duplicated.

If you use paste special a lot, you can assign a hotkey, for example Ctrl+Shift+V
[/quote]

That did the trick, how do you set up that hotkey, I like the idea. I see the hotkeys in the Preferences dialog.

Jacob

go to preferences → hotkeys, scroll down to paste special (or search paste special in the filter box at the top), double click on paste special, then press ctrl+shift+v.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.