Is binary counter Spice model available?

Thank you for fast answers!
Yes, maybe i had my own version of ngspice, and i didn’t know i had 2 version of them so i decided to get rid of them.
@holger mentioned that i need many Xspice code models, i tried to search the internet to download them but it didn’t manage to find them.
Sadly this is all ngspice i have listed above, so i dont have any in my lib.
I have installed the libngspice0 and i have it on my RPI.
Is there an official package for this ngspice? Is the libngspice0 are the official ngspice package?
Do you know a website where can i reach these Xspice code model files?
I think that can be the only problem that i dont have these type of files.
Best Regards,
Daniel

Unfortunately you do not tell us what architecture you are using.

You have found and installed KiCad. You have found and installed libngspice (this is ngspice as a shared library, needed by KiCad). Please have a look if this same distribution is also offering the code models (the *.cm files). If this distribution offers the standard ngspice installation, does this installation include the code model files?

Sorry! I did not meniton what architecture RPI4 has and what OS i’m running.
So, according to the internet RPI4 has:

The Raspberry Pi 4 uses a Broadcom BCM2711 SoC with a 1.5 GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 processor, with 1 MiB shared L2 cache.[41][42] Unlike previous models, which all used a custom interrupt controller poorly suited for virtualisation, the interrupt controller on this SoC is compatible with the ARM Generic Interrupt Controller (GIC) architecture 2.0, providing hardware support for interrupt distribution when using ARM virtualisation capabilities.[43][44]

And i’m running Raspbian on RPI.

Best regards,
Daniel

However Raspberry Pi OS is still 32-bit because they want to support only one architecture across all the models. Not that it matters.

So who is offering KiCad for Raspbian? Is ngspice there available as well?

There is no “official” ngspice release for Raspbian, but there may be packagers who have done the job to compile and package ngspice (as they did with KiCad).

KiCad is in the Debian Buster backports, as is ngspice.

Debian buster backports for ngspice (https://packages.debian.org/buster-backports/ngspice) lists the availability of ngspice for about 10 architectures. Which one of these arcitectures is suitable for Raspian on RPI4?

Raspberry Pi OS (the new name for Raspbian) is armhf.

Yes @kenyapcomau is right.
Is there a possible way to install this ngspice32 via aptitude or something like that and not dpkg or do i have to install it by dpkg and all its related files?

You should never install anything by hand with dpkg unless you know what you are doing. Always use apt, apt-get, aptitude, synaptic and many other related installers. This way you get all the dependencies.

1 Like

So you will need to install (all from Debian, Buster Backports)
KiCad
libngspice0
ngspice

The ngspice package contains the codemodel files.

1 Like

Yes i installed all of them and it works!!! :smiley:
Thank you very much all of you! :+1:
You are the real heroes here. :man_superhero:
I show the result.

The shematic:

And the SIMULATION!!!:

I want to thank you again all of you @holger @kenyapcomau @Ste @paulvdh @Rene_Poschl @hermit

Hope this topic will help for the other who has similar projects or something like that.
It cannot be done without your help!

So please tell us how you did the installation. What commands did you use?

So first of all i installed Kicad with:

sudo apt-get install Kicad

Then i installed the libngspice0 with:

sudo apt-get install libngspice0

And finally i installed ngspice not via command line but with the help of this link:

https://packages.debian.org/buster-backports/ngspice

And from the list of architecture i installed the armhf one.

I know it is not the best install with this way, and the debian page says as well, if you can then install some other way, but it seems worked out for me. And i know that as well it can be risky but for now it is working and if i got some problem, then i’ll immidiately tell you in this forum.

Maybe my problem was that i have used an external ngspice and not this one. But with this it is woking!

Best regards,
Daniel

Dflops have a built in delay so they are guaranteed to work if there is no clock skew. The normal fix would be to route the clock from 3 to 2 to 1 to 0 since the data goes in the opposite direction(Qn to Qn+1). We called these skew failures min time faults.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.