IS anybody able to decode this drawing?

I can not understand this drawing because so much of it is missing, what do?

To me it seems clear enough. The schematic diagram is not mechanically precise in terms of the pin placement. What is your specific question? Do you know how to connect this switch?

All measurements seem to be there, including placement and size of the pins.

If there is anything in particular you can’t find, then formulate a more precise question.

OK maybe I am being stupid but I cannot see offsets of the pins to eachocher (not 2-4 or 1-4) or pins to the walls!

I am not qualified to confirm or measure your intelligence level, but the screenshot below has the measurements for the locations of pins encircled.

1 Like

It is true ; most notably when comparing similar parts from different vendors that the varying methods of dimensioning can drive me nuts. (technical term). Often the most critical dimensions such as pin hole center spacing needs to be inferred.

I see 0.85 (left down) and 0.9 (center) and I’m not sure which one is distance from pin to wall :slight_smile:

Of these two dimensions, it looks like the 0.9(mm?) dimension is from the center of pin 1 to the lower edge, and the 0.85 dimension is from the center of pin 4 to the lower edge. Looks like someone put a scan of a crappy fax into their documentation…

Looks a tad better. I don’t see a legend. To OP. When I see the .1 and 2.5 I assume the .1 is English and the 2.5 is the conversion to metric. Probably standard DIP spacing?

I taught Dimensioning & Tolerancing in one of my former life’s and provide comment:

Re: the “0.9”. Bad assumption that #2 ctr-line is coincident with #4 ctr-line. They are not coincident. Why do I say that ? - Two reasons:

1. Because both are dimensioned and assumption for a Company/Organization publishing drawings with QA/QC check’s will Red-Line it.
  2. Using my java app, I confirm it (within limits of blurred lines)

Do you mean “Bad assumption that #1 ctr-line is coincident with #4 ctr-line.”? I think #2 and #4 both share a vertical centerline, but I agree with what I think you are saying that #1 and #4 don’t share a horizontal centerline.

Correct - my error. Darn, hate those typo’s. Good catch!

This was a good example of using my ‘Woof’ tool Posted at This Github link

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.